SJCOE Education Roots of Readiness Home Visitation Program offers parent educators the following services:
- Comprehensive screenings and referrals
- Developmental screenings and appropriate referral and follow up for special needs services
- Parent As Teacher curriculum to families with children between the ages of 0 and 3.5 and prenatal moms
- Health Education curriculum to families with children between the ages 0 and 3.5 and prenatal moms
- Raising A Reader (RAR) program to help children and their families to develop literacy and promote the shared book experience
- Parent education workshops on topics that support/enhance the home visitation curricula held at school sites in designated zip codes, public libraries, community centers and/or other locations deemed reasonable and accessible to parents
- Parent Educators are bilingual in English/Spanish.
First 5 San Joaquin also funds home visitation programs that serve the entire county. Please call (209) 953-5437 to find out which agency serves your zip code.