Lodi Community Service Center provides families with emergency food on Tuesdays and Fridays at 11:00 a.m., serving up 30 families. To qualify, families must be low-income residents living in San Joaquin County (Lodi, Galt, Thornton, Clements, Victor and Woodbridge). For emergency food, clients must bring the following documentation:( Photo ID and proof of address other than ID such as a PG&E, telephone bill or rent receipt). Identification is needed for each family member. They also provide the following programs:
- Brown Bag for seniors ages 60 and older, is held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each donation a year, or .50 a bag, the value of the bags usually is around $15 - $20.
- Catholic Charities offers prenatal, children and adult health insurance application assistance by appointment and assistance with other paperwork. Please call Clara at (209) 444-5907 to schedule an appointment.
- Commodities (food varies each month): third Thursday of each month 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Community Center
- Computer training, based on availability of staff
- Food Stamp and Medi-Cal application assistance with eligibility worker. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- Assistance with HEAP and Weatherization applications
- Maximus representative to assist families select medical services