San Joaquin Delta College CalWORKs program’s mission is to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals. The following is a description of the services they offer:
- Intake: assist students with an Application for Admissions, Fee Waiver form and Financial Aid Application
- Needs Assessment: provide initial and on-going referrals. Students are given the most current edition of this Resource Directory. A Tools to Succeed Workshop Series is also offered
- Academic Advising: CalWORKs students receive priority registration. Advisors help them plan their semester schedules and enroll in classes. Class grids and book lists are provided as part of our collaboration with HSA. Information is provided regarding other components of our program
- Technology and Learning Center (TLC): is a lab for CalWORKs students. It serves as a quiet study area and offers a computer lab with resources and more! We also offer a CalWORKs reading course designed to strengthen students' reading and writing levels. Supervised Study Time (SST) is available for students enrolled in our reading course. These hours are county approved, provided based upon class schedule and need.
- CalWORKs Work Study: CalWORKs students may be eligible for paid work study positions
- Employment Assistance: CalWORKs staff may also provide students with job preparation assistance
- Community Connections Resource Directory: this Directory is created for use by professionals who administer to the needs of children, young people and adults in San Joaquin County, as well as community college and higher education staff members who work with students facing barriers to academic achievement, and all others interested in the vast wealth of resources offered in San Joaquin County
If you are receiving or have recently applied for CalWORKs benefits from HSA or have additional questions, please contact the SJDC CalWORKs program.