Parent Educators, through the San Joaquin County Office of Education Roots of Readiness Home Visitation Program offer the following services:
- Comprehensive screenings and referrals
- Developmental screenings and ensure appropriate referral and follow up for special needs services
- Administer the Parent As Teacher curriculum annually (for duration of 12 months) to families with children between the ages of 0-3 and prenatal moms
- Administer the Health Education curriculum (for duration of six months) to families with children between the ages 0-5 and prenatal moms
- Administer the Raising A Reader (RAR) program to children and their families to develop literacy and promote the shared book experience
- Facilitate parent education workshops on topics that support/enhance the home visitation curricula. These workshops are held at school sites in designated zip codes, public libraries, community centers and/or other locations deemed reasonable and accessible to parents.
- Parent Educators are bilingual in English/Spanish